Trial on Sunday, one-way system will remain on many routes, Ghantaghar will not get traffic on Rajpur Road
Route diversion plan released for construction work of Smart City Project
In view of the construction work of the Smart City project, the police released a new traffic plan after consulting with several agencies. The special thing is that the one-way system will remain in force around Gandhi Park. The challenge before the police is to implement the plan.
Traffic on Ghantaghar to Rajpur Road will remain one-way, while traffic coming from Rajpur Road will enter the city via Orient Chowk instead of Ghantaghar. People will have to walk an additional 900 meters with this plan. This entire route will be free from traffic lights. However, it is not yet clear when the new traffic is to be implemented. Police on Sunday tried to find out what kind of blockages are encountered in traffic operations.
One-way system will remain here
– Clock tower from Darshan Lal Chowk
– Orient Chowk to Kanak Chowk
– Lansdowne Chowk to Darshan Lal Chowk
– Kanak Chowk to Rojgar Tiraha
– CJM Tiraha to Lansdowne Chowk
– One way from Buddha Chowk to Cross Road
This route will remain closed
Traffic between Buddha Chowk and Darshan Lal Chowk will be completely closed. The left side of the road will remain open for vehicles at St. Thomas School.
Traffic diversion plan
– Vehicles coming from Ghantaghar and Chakrata from Rajpur Road will go via Orient Chowk, Kanak Chowk, Lansdowne Chowk, Darshan Lal Chowk.
– Vehicles going from Rajpur Road to Kachari or Doon Hospital will go via Orient Chowk, Kanak Chowk, Lansdowne Chowk, Buddha Chowk. Vehicles going from Rajpur Road to Agrasen Chowk (Prince Chowk) and railway station will also go through this route.
– The traffic going from Chakrata road to Doon Hospital and Kachhari Chowk will be Ghantaghar, Orient Chowk, Kanak Chowk, Lansdowne Chowk, and Darshan Lal Chowk.
– Traffic going from Chikrata road to Agrasen Chowk and railway station will go via Ghantaghar, Orient Chowk, Kanak Chowk, Lansdowne Chowk, and Buddha Chowk.
– Traffic going from Chakrata Road to EC Road will go through Ghantaghar, Orient Chowk, Kanak Chowk, Rojgar Tiraha, Survey Chowk.
– Traffic going from Araghar Chowk to MKP Chowk to Ghantaghar and Chakrata road will pass through Budha Chowk, Lansdowne Chowk, Darshan Lal Chowk.
– Traffic from Cross Road and Survey Chowk to Ghantaghar and Chakrata Road will go through EC Road, Survey Chowk, Rojgar Tirahe, Convent Tirahe, Lansdowne Chowk and Darshan Lal Chowk.
-Dwarika store and EC road traffic will go to Ghantaghar or Chakrata road via MKP Chowk, Buddha Chowk, Lansdowne Chowk, Darshan Lal Chowk.
The new traffic plan prepared in view of the construction works under the Smart City Project will be tried on Sunday. After the trial shows a positive impact on traffic, it will be decided to implement it in the future. People’s cooperation with the traffic plan is expected. Attempts have been made to minimize vehicular traffic. The new system will allow drivers to walk an additional 900 meters. Traffic will run regularly as the entire route is free from traffic lights.
-Arun Mohan Joshi, Deputy Inspector General of Police