Under the aforesaid regulations, the Government of Uttarakhand notifies a lockdown of non-essential services in the state of Uttarakhand from 2100 hrs on 22nd March to 2359 hrs on 31st March. The Government of Uttarakhand, in the exercise of powers conferred under the Epidemic Disease Act, 1897, has framed the Uttarakhand Epidemic Diseases, COVID-19, Regulations, 2020 for prevention and containment of Coronavirus disease, 2019.
It is imperative to adopt strict social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, which is playing havoc in many countries across the world, including India. This is why the Government of Uttarakhand has taken measure to close the non-essential services in the following till the end of the month:-
1. No public transport services including operation of taxis, auto-rickshaws will be permitted. The exception will include Transport of all kinds to and from hospitals and airport transfers, carrying and producing valid documentation is mandatory.
2. All shops, commercial establishments, offices and factories, workshops, go-downs, etc. shall close their operations.
3. All domestic/foreign returnees to the state are directed to remain under strict home quarantine for a period as decided by local Health Authorities.
4. People are required to stay home and come out only for basic services while strictly following social distancing guidelines issued earlier.
5. Interstate border shall be closed except for the movement of vehicles related to required unavoidable goods and services.
6. Any congregation of more than 5 people shall be prohibited in public places.
7. Private establishments that support the required unavoidable services or are linked to the efforts for containment of COVID-19 will remain open.
8. If there’s any doubt as to whether a service establishment is essential or not, the District Magistrate shall be the competent authority to decide.
9. District Magistrates, Superintendents of Police, ADM/SDM, Tehsildar and Executive Officer of Local Bodies are hereby authorized to take all necessary actions for enforcement and implementation of the aforesaid measures. Local police shall render necessary assistance as and where requisitioned by the aforementioned officers.
10. Any person found violating the containment measures shall be deemed to have committed an offense punishable under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
11. The restrictions imposed earlier shall continue to be in force in the State and in the case of any doubt, the State Government will issue necessary directions/clarifications.
However, the following establishments providing essential services shall be excluded from the above restrictions:-
1. Offices charged with Law and Order and magisterial duties [District Magistrate, ADM/SDM and Tehsil]
3. Medical and Health
4. Urban Local Bodies
6. Electricity, Water and Municipal Services
8. Print, Electronic, and Social Media
9. Telecom & Internet Services including IT & ITES
10. Portal Services
11. Supply chain and related transportation
12. E-commerce (delivery) of all essential goods including food, pharmaceutical, and medical equipment
13. Food, groceries, Milk, Bread, Fruit, vegetable, meat, fish and their transportation-related activities and warehousing
14. Hospitals, chemists stores, drugs, and pharmaceuticals manufacturing and their transportation-related activities
15. Petrol pumps, LPG gas, Oil agencies, their go-downs, and their transportation-related activities
16. Production and Manufacturing Units which require continuous process may continue to function, after obtaining the required permission from the District Magistrates
17. Manufacturing units engaged in the production of essential commodities