A fire broke out in two shops located on GMS Road near the Kali temple under Police station Basant Vihar area. The goods kept in the shop were turned into ashes and junk. The fire brigade managed to control the fire after a hardship.
According to the police, the incident happened at 10 a.m. on Sunday. A fire broke out in the quilted mattress and auto-parts shop at GMS Road near the Kali temple. The police team arrived at the spot on the information. Police contacted the power department and closed the power supply and called fire equipment and fire brigade on the spot and extinguished the fire.
The police said that the shop of Quilted Mattress, was of Zafar, son of Liaquat Ali, resident of GMS Road and auto parts and service center was of Saddam’s son Abid Ali, also a resident of GMS Road. There is a fire due to a short circuit in cotton picker machine in the Quilted mattress shop. The fire spread in the mattress kept in the shop and spread to the adjacent auto parts and service center. There is no loss of life due to fire, property damage is being assessed.